Monday, January 28, 2013

Singin' the blues

I've been blue- blue with cold mostly.
Okay, its winter.  I knew it was coming.  I got long underwear and a new hat and even a new farm coat , but when its cold, its cold. 
Last week was mostly in the single digits and what was my response? Let the laundry pile up, crawl into bed and read a good murder mystery. Only problem, there's still a hubby outside working hard to pay the bills and 9 kids who want three meals, not to mention clean clothes.
I asked God for more grace, layered on more clothes and said to myself "it's almost groundhog day."
Lo and behold, behind the snow we got today is a warm trend and by Wednesday - 57 is forecast.
I cannot wait.
I'm so glad God doesn't listen to my weather opinions.  By July I will be complaining that its just too hot.  In the meantime,  I'm counting the hours and perhaps I'll hang up my coat and  go outside on Wednesday in nothing but a sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment