Saturday, May 24, 2014

I don't get paid ... or do I ?

It's long been rumored that there is no pay for moms.  Consider:

I do the dishes whenever the kids forget and run out to play - no pay

I have changed thousands of diapers ranging anywhere from "uck " to "toxic waste" - no pay

Every day I have to think up a nutritional meal for ten or more people and cook it- no pay

I wash loads upon loads of laundry - no pay

I have to match uncounted white socks with matching toes for eleven boys - no pay

I am on call 24/7 - no pay

If I have a deathly flu - I still have to get up and  get all the children on the bus - no pay

On the other hand:

I can go outside and walk anywhere I want on thirty acres whenever the notion strikes me - as long as supper is in the oven

I can it on my porch swing and listen to the sound of children catching lighting bugs almost every night all summer long

I can jump in my car and go to the grocery store whenever the mood strikes me- no waiting for a boss to tell me my day is over

I have people hugging and kissing me all day long if I let them.  I feel wanted and needed.

What would I spend to have green mountains surrounding me, chickens in the yard, children everywhere,  dogs and kitties and even pigs at my back and call?

Truly I am blessed.  Who needs pay?






1 comment:

  1. Miriam, this is such a beautiful reflection and so true. Thank you for sharing, and I am so glad that I found your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete